The Government is the Biggest Purveyor of Misinformation
The US Department of Homeland Security issued a National Terrorism Advisory System bulletin on February 7, 2022. The supposed threat comes from what they consider to be false and misleading information online from foreign and/or domestic actors that 1.) might sow discord or societal friction 2.) undermine public trust in government institutions and 3.) encourage possible acts of violence. The federal government loves acronyms and true to form they have labeled what they deem to be fake news as MDM which stand for mis-, dis-, and mal- information.
As one continues to read the bulletin, the rhetoric increases as it highlights two hot button issues, “For example, there is widespread online proliferation of false or misleading narratives regarding unsubstantiated widespread election fraud and COVID-19.” Sorry Department of Homeland Security, but there has been a boatload of evidence coming from reputable independent news organizations and highly qualified individuals that have questioned the government’s official narrative on both these counts.
Speech is supposed to be protected by the First Amendment and is what a free and fair press in a democracy is obligated to report on. Journalists, whistleblowers and Americans are not supposed to be flagged as terrorists in a free country for questioning the veracity of their government’s official proclamations. The First Amendment says:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
According to the National Whistleblower Center (NWC), The Whistleblower Protection Act (WPA) passed in 1989 is one of the primary statutes that outlines public employees’ right to speak out about misconduct, aimed at ensuring that all government employees can safely disclose “violations of laws, rules, or regulations, or mismanagement, gross waste of funds, abuse of authority and or a substantial and specific danger to public health and safety.”
With these two guarantees of liberty in mind, let’s pick apart the DHS’s claim of (mis-,dis-, mal) information on both election fraud and Covid-19.
2020 Election Fraud
- A Pennsylvania court recently struck down mail in voting as unconstitutional.
- A Wisconsin judge declared voting drop boxes are illegal under state law.
- In Georgia videos emerged of 240 mercenary voters stuffing absentee mailboxes and taking selfies so they could get paid.
- In Arizona the state conducted a forensic audit highlighting many irregularities including 74,000 ballots that were counted with no record of being mailed.
- In Detroit, Michigan observers were denied access to witness the counting of votes as cardboard covered the windows.
- Molly Ball in Time Magazine wrote an expose basically admitting the whole scheme the left orchestrated on the American people. In her article dated February 4, 2021 she stated, “This is the inside story of the conspiracy to save the 2020 election, based on access to the group’s inner workings, never-before-seen documents and interviews with dozens of those involved from across the political spectrum. . . . The participants want the secret history of the 2020 election told, even though it sounds like a paranoid fever dream — a well-funded cabal of powerful people, ranging across industries and ideologies, working together behind the scenes to influence perceptions, change rules and laws, steer media coverage and control the flow of information.”
So, excuse me DHS if normal, everyday Americans when faced with these obvious facts have lost trust in both our voting system and the governmental organizations that run our elections. Are we supposed to simply ignore blatant corruption and systematic propaganda as not to ‘sow discord or societal friction’ to stay off your scary watch list? This whole memo sure seems like a threat to sit down and shut up.
As disappointing as the 2020 election was managed, it pales in comparison to the government’s response to COVID-19 which was disastrous as many lives, livelihoods, and small businesses were ruined. Our basic rights and freedoms were also curtailed during this two-year siege. To simply forgive and forget what has been wrought on the country in not an option even if DHS plans on calling you a domestic terrorist for pointing it out. Below are some inconvenient truths.
- There was a systematic suppression of early therapeutics that could have saved many lives as witnessed by doctors in the field trying to treat this disease.
- Lockdowns and masks never worked.
- Vaccines did not stop spread or infection.
- Great Barrington Declaration written in October of 2020 which advocated for a reasonable and scientific response to COVID-19 was spiked by Francis Collins and Tony Fauci.
- A military database was leaked by whistleblowers from the Department of Defense showing a dramatic increase in vaccine related injuries for servicemen and women.
- The pharmaceutical companies demonstrated an alarming lack of transparency with the safety of vaccine clinical trials.
It appears that those who have been main purveyors of (mis-, dis-, and mal) information (which gets you a designation of domestic terrorist), have been none other than federal, state and local governments in conjunction with the private and public organizations that they are either ideologically or financially aligned with. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
For the record, Good Moral Compasses has not, and never will advocate for or encourage any acts of violence to redress our grievances. We are a Catholic/Christian based entity and promote prayer and peaceful solutions to solve societal problems. However, we do believe in ensuring that God given rights, human freedoms and justice are upheld. If that makes us domestic terrorists, then we wear that badge with honor.