Resistance is Not Futile – It’s Necessary
During World War II, the Resistance was an important element in the ultimate defeat of the German war machine. The Resistance was comprised of underground groups of civilians who worked behind the scenes during the Nazi occupation of Europe. Although those working for the Resistance were not under the auspices of any official organization, they did share the same goal – to slow down and throttle the progress of the German armed forces. Britannica tells us the activities of the Resistance “…ranged from publishing clandestine newspapers and assisting the escape of Jews and Allied airmen shot down over enemy territory, to committing acts of sabotage, ambushing German patrols, and conveying intelligence information to the Allies.” Their work was vital and eventually contributed to the demise of the Wehrmacht.
We too are at war, but our war is not one of tanks and bombs, but a war for the culture and soul of the civilized world. Christians need to take a page out of the playbook of the brave men and women of the Resistance. We can no longer sit idly by why the fate of our nation and the innocence of its children are hanging in the balance. Pew Research Center claims that 65% of American adults consider themselves to be Christian. While this figure has sadly fallen by 12% in the last decade, it still represents a huge force if we have the grit and determination to mobilize. Faithful Christians everywhere, in both blue and red states, need to resist the inherent evil of gender ideology and sexual grooming that is permeating our public schools and libraries.
Here are some prime examples. Gender Queer by Maia Kobabe is a graphic novel (kind of like a comic book) that has pornographic homosexual scenes depicted. Lawn Boy by Jonathan Evison (NOT the book of the same title by children’s author Gary Paulsen) is another disturbing book in which the main character recounts an incident of pedophilia when he was ten years old with a grown man. Both of these books are serving to groom children and normalize deviant behavior and are on the shelves of school and libraries across the country – even in conservative areas.
You may have heard that concerned parents have shown up to school boards complaining about these titles only to have their mics cut or to receive warnings when they begin to read the actual obscene text. In Iowa, the West Des Moines school board decided to keep Gender Queer in its collection stating the scenes were, “taken out of context.” A Chicago suburb, Downers Grove, also decided to keep Gender Queer in its school library saying that the sex scenes do not constitute porn and that it meets the social emotional guidelines of the district. Other radical leftist groups are using the “banned books” psychological plea to keep this filth on the shelves. Woke educators and librarians can no longer be reasoned with as their enslavement to uphold any and all forms of diversity, equity and inclusion has clouded their judgement and totally eroded their moral base. Christians must resist this depravity and fight for common decency in our communities. You must become part of the Resistance. Here is your first assignment.
Check out Gender Queer and Lawn Boy from your local public library or school. Once you have done that consider the following disrupting tactics and embrace the inner resister within:
- Never return the books. It will probably take a long time for the librarians to figure out they are missing and replace them. This buys us some time.
- If you do return the books, get a group of like-minded friends together to continually check them out. It will keep these titles in a constant state of circulation and out of the hands of impressionable children.
- Return the books, but surreptitiously slip in a holy card inside. We all know God works in mysterious ways and a well-placed image just might touch the heart of a young reader.
- If you have a friend at the library or school, work with them to clandestinely “hide” the books. That way they appear to be on shelf, but no one will be able to find them.
- Similarly, go to the library yourself and “hide” the books behind a stack of dusty non-fiction selections.
- Tell everyone in your circles about the immorality of these books. We are in an information war so we must communicate with others who may feel the same, but have been silenced by the radical left, afraid to be called names or to be cancelled.
- Attend a library or school board meeting to voice your disapproval. Bring along others as a show of strength.
- Write a letter to the school or library and demand to know the process for the approval of titles. There probably isn’t one in place, so be ready to offer suggestions if need be. Remember, schools and public libraries are totally funded by taxpayers and we the people should have a voice in how those funds are allocated.
Just like the Resistance in World War II, our job is to slow down and throttle the advances of the God-less left who are indoctrinating and brainwashing our children with radical and evil ideas. This type of pornographic material in schools and libraries was unthinkable just a few years ago, but this is how far and fast our society has fallen. The battle lines have been drawn.
I have always been in awe of my parents’ generation, aptly named the Greatest Generation, for their sacrifice and valiant opposition to the evil of their time. Now here is our chance to do the same. With our resolve, determination and the help of God, we can and will prevail.
Finally, draw your strength from the Lord and from his mighty power.
Put on the armor of God so that you may be able to stand firm against the tactics of the devil.
For our struggle is not with flesh and blood but with the principalities, with the powers, with the world rulers of this present darkness, with the evil spirits in the heavens.
Therefore, put on the armor of God, that you may be able to resist on the evil day and, having done everything, to hold your ground. Ephesians 6:10-13.
Editor’s Note: If you want to address more unwholesome titles in schools and libraries, see the Family Policy Alliance website for a complete list.
3 thoughts on “Resist Grooming—It’s Evil”